Saturday, December 19, 2009

GOAL: JOG 3 MILES


This morning 8:30 am I jogged continuously 3 miles. I haven't been able to do that in a decade. The fresh, santa ana winds were actually nice for a change and not killing me. Maybe jogging helps me to get through the stuffy nose I typically get. I also woke up with a sore throat and one 3 mile jog later I felt better. Am I on to something? I'm sure everyone else in the world knows how much this form of exercise effects them but when something becomes tangible for you its a whole knew experience. My body wasn't sore I think it's all mental for me or at least mostly.

This proves is mostly mental for me..... wonder how many of us just need to hammer through our thoughts to accomplish un-thinkable things. Later today I attended a Yoga Workshop moving through the second/expanding series for Anusara postures. Not a practice you should do all the time and maybe not a practice you should do after a 3 mile run but my timing was off. The practice was equated at 41 plus backbends. Not drop backs as everyone thinks but different backbends. The ones that are asymmetrical are ridiculously harder than the others. This left my kidneys/adrenals glands to feel like they were going to melt off my back. When the teachers (Noah Maze & Darren Rhodes) said there was only 14 more to go I just about died. Even here right now I am quivering after an epsom salt bath and a little food.


I can't wait to feel how I feel tomorrow... eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment