Tuesday, April 20, 2010

GOAL: 3 min. handstand against wall


Day 2: 1st attempt was awful! I mean "awe" in a depressing way. I clocked in at 1min 30sec. This was depressing though tonight I was timing myself I didn't have anyone cheering me on. Attempt after attempt right around 1 minute my arms would burn and quiver. I would tell myself "transformation is happening." I gradually lowered in times... I held 1.5 min. for the first 6 attempts but the burn I felt in my trapezius today was ridiculous. Yesterday it was all wrists mostly and today I decided to bring my hands closer to stack the bones it a bit more.

Key things I learned today:
Center of wrists under shoulders ~ you feel it in your traps & neck
Center of wrists wider than outer shoulders ~ you feel it in your delts & lats
Center of wrists under outer shoulders ~ you feel it all over including biceps and pecs

I think I need both strong so tomorrow I will alternate close and far to gain strength all around... I figure if I am not any where near 3 minutes at least I can feel "equal pain and suffering" all around. :-)

Notes to self:
If 5 pounds makes a big difference imagine what 20 pounds would feel like on my wrists... more motivation to slim a bit more. Loose in one area and gain strength in another... sounds like a perfectly balanced diet... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment